Friday, June 28, 2013

I Can't Believe I'm Doing This!!

Well hello everybody who is out there in cyber-world... Never in a million years did I think that I would be doing a blog but I figured that it was time to enter into this new world and see what it's all about (I'm sure that this nervousness and excitement must have been what Christopher Columbus felt like when he set out in adventure for the New World!)

Anyway, here's the purpose of this blog. I love my mornings... Most of the time it looks something like this: I wake up pretty early, very sleepily I turn a very low spot light on a statue of St. Michael, turn the dimmer light on in my kitchen and fix me an awesome cup of coffee and have a cup of coffee with Jesus (I usually ask Him where He wants to have this pleasant conversation at... and He usually chooses the rockers or the swing!!) It's a great way to start the morning!!

Now usually those conversations are great as I read various spiritual writings or Scripture and then simply talk to Jesus about what I read. Sometimes these insights rock my world (like eating a big, fat juicy steak)... and other times they are just great insights to chew on throughout the day (kind of like gum)... So anyway, this is what the blog will be about... Just my own reflections about whats going on in my own little priest heart.

So if you're looking for some deep theological blog... or a political issues blog... or a left wing agenda blog... or a save the planet blog... then this isn't the blog for you. What you will find here will be reflections of a priestly heart; stories, images, beauty, quotes from the Saints, hopefully some humor, and just good stuff that will hopefully inspire your hearts to enter more deeply into the beautiful mystery of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary... and if you want to use a warm cup of coffee and a rocking chair to do that, then you have found the right blog to be a part of.

These blog posts will not be real lengthy and they will not be sent out every day. I'm going to try to send out one a week. Also, you will not be able to reply or comment to them. They are simply for your enjoyment.... if you like them, great.... if you dislike them or disagree with me, oh well, just delete it and move on with life.

Well, I hope you enjoy this and I hope that I can get the hang of this new way of evangelization!! God help me...

Through the Pierced Hearts of Jesus and Mary,
Fr. Mitch